Suitable for those who manage staff, or deal with others where they are required to give feedback which may not always be welcome, or where difficult and sensitive subjects may be raised.
One of the most common worries faced by managers and business owners is how to give feedback to others, especially when there is a need to address poor performance or conduct. This one day course examines how best to approach such situations and provides practical ways to approach these conversations in order that they can be resolved to create a more productive and harmonious working environment and team.
- Mindset and motive. Recognising the neuroscience behind why individuals dread such conversations and how master the fear.
- Understanding behaviours in self and others and the concept of conscience and consequence.
- Understanding people (perceptions, motives and behaviours) and how this plays out in the workplace.
- Understanding the importance of early interventions and emotional intelligence.
- How to approach situations in the right way within the modern day workplace and to avoid escalation
- Understanding the Drama Triangle and positions – how to avoid the drama and stay objective.
- Influencing and negotiating for positive outcomes and agreeing action points.
- Recognising the full range of options available to a line manager when dealing with people whose behaviours they find difficult or unacceptable and the importance of consistency and compliance with procedures.
- Personal development action planning for improved outcomes.
- Practical examples and case studies
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand the relationships between mindset and motive and know how to overcome irrational fears towards holding “difficult” conversations.
- Know how to approach situations in the right way at an early stage to avoid escalation.
- Know how to phrase questions to identify drivers in the other person and gain essential knowledge to respond accordingly.
- Know the pros and cons of different methods of communication when dealing with tricky conversations within the workplace.
£285.00 plus VAT. Duration 1 day.
Held at Challenge Training and Conference Centre
Order this course now
Select from one of the course dates below to add it to your shopping cart
- Monday 18th March, 2024
- Tuesday 9th July, 2024