The way we work constantly evolves. Teams can now work in different locations, at different times, and in different time-zones! In 2018, a report from Upwork found that over two-thirds of companies had remote or distributed teammates, and it’s only grown since then. For leaders and managers this shift opens up new doors and opportunities to tap into talent previously out of reach and to promote engagement and motivation by supporting individual needs. It has also brought new challenges. Today’s leaders and managers have developed their skills to be able to develop strong working relationships with their teams – from being able to sense how individuals are feeling, as well as recognising who is stuck or needs help. But these skills often rely on seeing people face-to-face. These moments aren’t always possible as you shift to a more distributed environment. Effective leadership in this evolving hybrid world requires skills that go beyond traditional leadership and requires leaders that can operate across different and changing models of working.
This session provides an opportunity to explore the potential benefits of a flexible working environment, as well as an exploration of the key skills and attributes managers/leaders need to succeed in the evolving ecosystem of hybrid work. Whether you and the team work part-time, work remotely, or have odd days in the office, the session will help you be more effective and confident – ensuring the best from individuals, keeping the team informed and motivated, whilst managing performance and increasing efficiency.
The Business Case:
- From part-time, to remote to hybrid working – what is flexible and distributed working?
- Opportunities for the organisation
- Benefits to the individual
- What do the stats say? Trends and patterns by sector and industry
The Leadership Challenge:
- The trust equation – control vs empowerment
- Fit for the future – challenging traditional approaches to management
- What type of leader are you – feedback on own style and approach
- What works? What do I need to change?
- Ban “Them and us” – creating a level playing field and promoting inclusivity
- The legal framework in developing flexible policies and working practices
- Individual requests for flexible working vs company strategy with reference to ACAS code of practice
- Data protection
- H&S considerations – the ergonomics of home working
- Best fit – which approach will be right for us?
- Core design principles
HY-5 Steps to Success:
- High technology
- “Hi there” – hearing the fear and communicating effectively wherever you are
- High energy – the magic of motivation and creating energy within individuals and teams
- High performance – managing performance and coaching/mentoring tips for enhancing performance
- High Fives – creating One team and promoting fairness and inclusivity
- Creating actions plans for the future
£285.00 plus VAT. Duration 1 day.
Held at Challenge Training and Conference Centre
Upcoming Course Dates
- Monday 15th July, 2024
- Thursday 5th December, 2024
Please contact us for availability.