Overview & who should attend
A three day programme arranged into 3 x 1 day modules which are spaced one day ever 2 weeks, to allow time for reflection and application on the work site. Ideal for both established Site Supervisors/Team Leaders and those who find themselves newly promoted into the role. As part of the programme delegates are assessed towards a Nationally recognized qualification.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand their role as a supervisor and their responsibilities/ accountability including “friend to supervisor” type issues.
- Understanding role model behaviour, and how their own personal brand sets the tone for others.
- Be more confident when tackling issues with under performance, and how to intervene in the right way and at the right time whilst understanding positive and promoting a just/fair culture.
- How to carry out team briefings in the right way to ensure understanding and personal and team responsibility for safety and how to promote a culture of inclusion and progressive thinking.
- Have learned how to identify triggers in themselves and others which may lead to conflict and have learned techniques to prevent situations from escalating.
- Know when to seek advice from others within the organisation in a range of topical situations relating to the supervisor role.
- Day 1 – The role of the Supervisor; friend to supervisor; how to create a fair culture; the team leader as as consequence; authority, responsibility and accountability. Understanding personal brand and role modelling. Consistency and fairness, and the role the team leader plays in creating an inclusive workplace.
- Day 2 – Communications & Briefing Skills for Supervisors; understanding your own communication style; verbal and non verbal communications and modern day communication methods. Effective questioning and listening techniques and how to check understanding. How to prepare, structure and deliver an effective team brief (tool box talk or method statement briefing), to ensure understanding and a safe working environment.
- Day 3 – Positive Interventions & bringing it to life. The importance of early interventions according to company procedures. How to give feedback to others in the right way and at the right time to maintain good working relationships and to bring about corrective actions. How to maintain standards and have honest conversations; recognising the differences between lapses, errors and violations and how to manage each. Personal development action planning.
Full Course Overview and dates
Assessed work will be completed during the sessions and will consist of a reflective review on own team leadership skills; development plan; assessed briefing and 2 x written assessments. Reasonable adjustments can be made to cater for individual needs where necessary.
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting, Nottingham
Cost per delegate £595 + VAT fully inclusive of ILM registration fees
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The ILM is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year and is part of City & Guilds Group.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.
Please contact us for further information