Go to Accredited Courses
Overview and who should attend
A 10 day programme + 2 online sessions (including 1 X executive coaching session) spaced 3 to 4 weeks apart.
This is a prestigious qualification aimed at current and aspiring senior managers who wish to extend their skills and knowledge to make effective strategic plans to meet or exceed the expectations of various stakeholders and partners within the organisation. The level 7 is at a Post Graduate level, which requires participants to invest in their own personal brand, to create organisation and personal impact through high level engagement, influencing, innovation and critical thinking. The learning will be underpinned by practical and applied research and the application of theoretical frameworks at the leading edge of management and leadership practice. It will be a requirement of the course that delegates identify, research, analyse and create a plan for an improvement at a strategic level within their organisation.
Course Dates and Details
- Recognise their own leadership and management development needs in the context of a senior level role within an organisation.
- Have gained the skills and knowledge to used an evidence based approach to enhance their leadership and management capability.
- Have the knowledge and skills to develop, implement and evaluate high-level strategic business cases.
- Know how to develop and enhance their personal brand, and to harness greater impact through using networks and social learning
- Know how to engage with others to bring about creative thinking, innovation and change within the organisation and to encourage growth mindsets and motivational drivers in others.
- Know how to apply the increased knowledge and skills in a practical manner to benefit the organisation and recognise the role senior leaders fulfil in terms of how they “think” and “act” as role models for the organisation culture.
- Have a raised level of awareness of the importance of continuous professional development and the tools to engage in it to work towards future career aspirations.
This is a 10 day course spread over approximately 10 months.
- Session 1. Induction & Developing the Strategic Leader (Part 1)
- Session 2. Research and Study Skills
- Session 3. One to one Executive Coaching Session + Tutorial
- (One to one Executive Coaching Session + Tutorial (on-line)
- Session 3. Developing the Strategic Leader (Part 2) Strategic Leadership
- Session 4. (Part 3) Organisational Context & Culture
- Session 5. (Part 4) Communications & Strategic Influence
- Session 6. Strategic Decision Making – (Part 1) Strategic Thinking & the External Environment
- Session 7. (Part 2) Decision Making, Critical Analysis & Financial Analysis & Indicators
- Session 8. Improving Product/Service Delivery & Performance
- Session 9. Strategic Human Resources & Strategic Change
- Session 10. Showcase & Presentation
- (Professional Discussion & CPD (online on 1:1)
- 1 x enquiry based research project
- 1 x portfolio of evidence & reflective review of a) own senior management performance, to include a comprehensive analysis and plan for Continuing Professional Development and b) the extent to which the research project has through action, added value to the organisation.
The course commences on
- Thursday 7th March, 2024
- Tuesday 26th November, 2024
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting,Nottingham NG14 6EH
Cost per delegate £2,495 + VAT fully inclusive of registration fees, tutorial support between sessions and marking.
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The ILM is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees. We have been the largest provider for ILM qualifications in the East Midlands since 2012, registering more students each year than any other ILM Centre.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.
Successful completion of the ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership & Management may allow access to university MBA programmes