Go to Accredited Courses
Overview & Who Should Attend
Those who are required as part of their role to offer Information, Advice and Guidance to individuals within organisations. The programme does not offer a qualification, however it is Certificated and Quality Assured as an Endorsed Award by ILM. Quality of delivery and assessment has therefore been rigorously tested before approval by ILM, and the content covers many of the themes contained on the Level 3 NVQ in IAG. Delegates to consider their own development plan – what do you need to develop? What strengths do you have / areas for development? – appraisal feedback or proforma to be used to assess start point.
Challenge Consulting believe is creating programmes which develop individuals to maximise upon their potential within the work place and beyond. For this reason all of our courses cover the core elements which we believe are critical to excel in your role and not just the elements which the ILM require to pass the qualification. For this reason, if you do a programme through Challenge Consulting you can be sure that
you will have covered topics in sufficient depth and detail to equip you for challenges within the workplace.
By the end of the course participants will :
- Understand the objectives of the IAG role and wider stakeholders
- Understand Key definitions, Key skills, knowledge and behaviours for I,A,G
- Have an understanding of Ethical considerations, inclusivity, understanding bias, Equality & Diversity.
- Have knowledge of Key Legislation & how this links to policies :
- Understanding client needs and how to ensure fairness, and impartiality
- Understand Effective questioning and listening skills to tailor solutions to meet client needs.
- Building Trust and Confidence – frequency and quality of communications.
- Be able to organising yourself to ensure you meet expectations.
- Be able to help clients visualise their own destination.
- Be able to deal with difficult client situations and blockers to progress – challenge/support
- Explain the importance of monitoring
Please call for details
This is a 4-day course spread over 2 months
- Day 1 – Introduction + Information, Advice & Guidance in context
- Day 2 – Establishing & Understanding client needs
- Day 3 – Developing and maintaining relationships
- Day 4 – Assessment Day
- 1 x Short answer questions on Information, Advice & Guidance in the workplace
Venue and Fees
Venue : Challenge Consulting, Nottingham
Cost per delegate £Call for details + VAT fully inclusive of ILM registration fees
Full course overview
What is the ILM?
By completing this programme you can be sure you will be gaining a recognised and prestigious qualification through a well known and respected awarding body. The ILM is Europe’s largest independent leadership and management awarding body with more than 85,000 candidate registrations each year. ILM is also a leading professional membership body with a growing membership of more than 22,000 practising managers.
Why complete the programme through Challenge Consulting?
Challenge Consulting are one of the oldest established ILM centres with a proven track record of delivering excellent programmes. For this reason the Challenge Consulting has been awarded “direct claim” status by the ILM, which allows assessment decisions to be made immediately by the assessors, due to their commitment to quality of delivery and ability to make programmes applicable and relevant to attendees.
Challenge Consulting have an ethos of tailoring delivery to participants in order that they can directly apply what they have learned within their work. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 12, with usual group size being between 6 and 10 to allow participants opportunities to discuss topical issues and to create action plans and explore techniques and strategies within the sessions.